GRC Approach to Cyber Security
GRC stands for governance, risk management, and compliance, but it means much more than those three terms put in together. As Wikipedia provides a good definition also; Governance, risk management, and compliance is aiming to assure an organization reliably achieve objectives, address uncertainty and act with integrity. It is the limited reference to the collection of critical and synergetic capabilities that should work together to achieve aligned business objectives.
GRC is not something new. Every company does GRC but in a different maturity level. Spreadsheets, Word documents and emails are also a level of doing GRC in the organizations.
A well-planned GRC strategy supported with a GRC platform enables several benefits: Improved Decision Making, Higher Quality Information, increased accountability, Increased Collaboration, Enhanced Organizational Culture, Increased Efficiency, Increased Agility, Increased Visibility, Protected Reputation, Better Resource Allocation, Reduced Costs with Optimal Investment Decisions, Reduced Fragmentation within Organization and Preserved Institutional Memory.
Cyber Security is one of the main domains of GRC and still the CISO’s are the biggest champions of GRC Implementations worldwide.
It utilizes the approaching security activities in a mature way and aligns the efforts supported each other to enhance the likelihood of achieving security objectives. GRC enables a security organization that is well-coordinated and integrated collection of all of the capabilities necessary to support.
RSA GRC Reference Architecture
With a well-planned and executed GRC Strategy below security domains can be managed in a single platform with increased automation, integration, unification and simplification.
- Organizational & Asset Management
- Information Security Risk Management
- Compliance Management
- Cyber Incident & Security Operations
- Business Continuity Management
- Privacy Management
- Audit Management
- Third Party Management
- Policy Management
- Metrics Management
- Issues Management
- ISMS Governance
GRC Platforms utilize best practice security processes to improve your security process maturity in a short time. They may have several features, functions and pre-built data to utilize such as;
- Built-in, best practice security related processes
- Native Integrations to SIEM, CMDB, Vulnerability Scanners
- Libraries for risks, controls and metrics,
- Pre-loaded authority sources (ISO 27001, COBIT, ITIL etc)
- Pre-loaded policies and mapping to ISO 27001 controls
- Advanced access control,
- Email notifications,
- Discussion forums,
- Pre-defined template exports,
- Scheduled report distributions,
- Automated campaigns and questionnaires,
- Criteria driven form layouts
- Dashboards and Reporting
Governify is a Finnish company located in Espoo and an authorized partner of RSA dedicated to GRC processes and RSA Archer GRC Platform including the cyber security domain implementations. We are serving several Archer customers from wide-range of industries with certified consultants. We will guide you on every step of your GRC Journey to mature, automate and integrate your cyber security processes as we do in several customers from different industries in EMEA region.
Governify upgrades organizations through our services that are designed to covers all GRC and Archer needs;
- GRC Program Services: Building and maintaining an effective and agile GRC Capability
- GRC Process Services: Maturing and integrating your cyber security processes
- GRC Platform Services: Developing and maintaining your GRC Platform environment
- GRC Practice Services: Increasing the knowledge and awareness of your GRC / security roles
Exploit the proven benefits of security management with GRC (Governance, Risk & Compliance) approach with Governify.
Unal Perendi, Managing Director, Governify Ltd.